I’m Olivier Wagner, a CPA and Enrolled Agent, as well as the Founder and CEO of 1040 Abroad. I and my team of U.S. tax experts have helped thousands of Americans abroad to choose and set up a correct business structure for tax purposes. We do it by showing legal ways to save money on your U.S. taxes while running an online/remote business. We also assist our clients to file federal income tax returns and become tax compliant after not filing for years.
I founded 1040 Abroad In 2012 to help regular Americans who are seeking advice on what to do with their tax returns in unconventional settings. The same year I decided to transition to a life of full-time nomadism around the world to have a freedom and experience of running a full-time online tax firm to help fellow U.S. expats. Everyone in 1040 Abroad understands the challenges of living life outside your home country and we truly enjoy providing our best tax help to the clients.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
First of all, if you are wondering why you need to pay U.S. taxes, then you should know that the USA is one of the two countries in the world which has citizenship-based taxation. It means if you are a U.S. citizen or a Green Card Holder abroad, you are subject to U.S. tax on your worldwide income. Yes, it applies to you even if your business has nothing to do with the U.S., you have all your assets abroad and even if you have never visited the U.S. but was born as a dual citizen.
If you are a seeking a business tax advice as self-employed American or a U.S. digital nomad living abroad, we can help you with:
- planning your tax strategy to legally save money on your returns (such as running an offshore business on the side, being self-employed, or have investments overseas).
- all-inclusive U.S. tax preparation services: federal and state tax returns (including Form 1040 and all standard schedules). As well as additional forms, such as PFIC, CFC, and Foreign Trusts.
- advising and helping to set up a legal structure which suits best for your own business (non-U.S. corp, LLC, S-Corp etc)/
- counseling you where it is better to set up your business for tax purposes etc.
Our team of U.S. expat tax professionals will provide you the legal tax solutions which bring massive U.S. tax benefits.
Do you need a tax help regarding your personal tax situation? We can assist you with:
- filing your federal income tax returns and saving you money by utilizing the deductions and exclusions.
- helping you figure out if you need to file FBAR and/or FATCA(FinCEN Form 114 and Form 8938) and filing them for you.
- Penalty and hassle-free filing of late tax returns from prior years, even if you’ve never filed or it’s been decades.
Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts
FinCEN form 114
free extension filing
preparing and filing on your behalf
Federal Tax Return
This package includes preparing and filing the following forms:
Form 1040: Tax return
5 Schedules: A, B, C, D, E
4 Forms: 1116, 2555, 8965, 8938
Per 1 hour session.
Tax consultancy with CEO of 1040 Abroad
your tax and business related questions
100% confidential and personalized
tailored tax solutions and strategy
Schedule A: Itemized deduction
Schedule B: Interest and ordinary dividends
Schedule C: Sole proprietorship
Schedule D: Capital gains and losses
Schedule E: Rental property
Form 1116: Foreign Tax Credit
Form 2555: Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
Form 8965: Exemption from Healthcare coverage
Form 8938: Foreign Bank Accounts and Financial Assets
Form 8621: Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) Form
Form 5471: Controlled Foreign Corporation (CFC)
Form 3520: Foreign Trusts
What our clients say
Olivier worked really hard to complete my wife’s streamlining process in a very short timeframe as we needed this completed quickly for visa application purposes. If you need your U.S. expat taxes sorted out, 1040 abroad are fast, affordable and thorough!
Mr. Wagner has prepared for us some very complicated forms required by the IRS. He is prompt, efficient, extremely knowledgeable, and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring an experienced and professional tax preparer.
Would you like our help? Let’s start!
Olivier Wagner, CPA and EA. Founder and CEO of 1040 Abroad