State Tax Return Preparation and Filing

State tax return preparation and filing

After assessing your situation, our CPAs and IRS Enrolled Agents can tell if you need to file a state tax return, depending on which state you lived in before you move abroad, and whether you are still considered a resident there for tax purposes. We can help you to determine your residency status and file your state income tax return.

Some general rules:

  • The States of California, New Mexico, North Carolina and Virginia all try to tax U.S. citizens who have moved abroad by making it both complicated for them to break their ties with the state and to find out who they are most likely to file a state tax return with.

  • The States of Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington or Wyoming do not impose an income tax on individuals.

USA: (833) 397-2829 (toll free)

439 University Avenue - 5th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1Y8

340 S Lemon Ave #1021,
Walnut, CA 91789

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.