State taxes and American expatriates

Should I file a state income if I live abroad? If you are a US citizen or permanent resident living abroad, you not only have to make sure to file a tax return with the IRS each year if you meet the minimum income requirements, you may also have to file a state...

PFIC update on Canadian mutual funds

Not an update in that the rules didn’t change, just an update in my reasoning. After reading the private ruling letter #200752029, my opinions tilts even towards the idea that Canadian mutual funds are not corporations and as such the PFIC rules shouldn’t...

Understand the US taxation of RRSPs and RRIFs

The US tax policy The US tax system is a Citizenship Based Taxation, meaning that US citizens (and permanent residents) are taxed on their worldwide income wherever they live. By default, income earned in an investment account would be taxed. Fortunately, income...

IRS Customs Hold

I’ve seen much talk in the community of American abroad about the ability to of the IRS: To prevent the issuance of a passport to delinquent taxpayers (currently not true, but when applying for a passport, the Department of State will inform the IRS of the...
FREE U.S. tax guide for Americans abroad

FREE U.S. tax guide for Americans abroad

The only e-book about U.S. international taxation, which you need to read as U.S. expat:

1. Foreign Tax Credit vs. Foreign Earned Income Exclusion

2. What is the danger of holding a Controlled Foreign Corporation?

3. Why more and more people are renouncing U.S. citizenship?

Thanks for requesting our free tax guide! It will be delivered to your inbox shortly.