Start Your US Expat Tax Return Now

Which Services Are You Interested In?

4 + 7 =

Our process

Here’s a quick snapshot of how we complete the tax filing process on your behalf:

Meet Your U.S. Tax Expert and have a FREE 20-minute Phone Consultation

No matter where you are located, our US expat tax services can be availed of in simple steps. Our team will contact you within 1 business day to explain the process. During the free consultation call our U.S. tax expert will answer your questions and give you the best solution.

Upload Tax Documents

We will create you an account in our secure client portal and you can simply upload your documents through it. And that is it. Sit back and relax while we take care of your tax return.

Tax Return Preparation and Invoice

Your assigned tax accountant will prepare your U.S. tax return and send you for a final review and confirmation. We offer flat fees for our U.S. expat tax services and you will be submitting the payment after all work is done. Easy and hassle-free.

Why U.S. expats choose 1040 Abroad

Transparent flat rates

Transparent flat rates

We always agree to a specific fee before we get started, so you won’t have any surprises on the final bill.

First-hand experience

First-hand experience

Our company was founded by a U.S. expat and CPA, rolled into one, for all of the other U.S. expats in order to take the hassle out of tax prep.

security and accuracy

Security and accuracy

Trust that your tax return is done by an expert in the best way. As we value your privacy highly, we never disclose any personal info.

mission and values

Mission and values

At 1040 Abroad, we love what we do and this is the key to our successful work and best results. We enjoy making your life easier.

What our clients say about us

Mathew, Australia
Olivier worked really hard to complete my wife’s streamlining process in a very short timeframe as we needed this completed quickly for visa application purposes. If you are an Expat and need your taxes sorted out while you are abroad 1040 abroad are fast, affordable and thorough!
Steven, UK
A lot less demanding financially and in terms of paperwork than a very expensive London UK-based international tax lawyer I used to establish my tax compliance with the IRS as an “accidental American”. Very helpful indeed with suggestions re blogs and chatrooms which discuss how to get out of the senseless, expensive and tiresome charade of submitting an IRS claim every year.
Robert, South Korea
Initially, I was nervous about contacting someone to get my tax problem taken care of. But the 20 minute Skype chat I had with Olivier Wagner helped me relax and from that point forward, it was easy. Olivier responded to my questions and emails in a timely fashion. The questionnaire and FBAR’s file was easy to use. In no time at all, my tax returns were filed. I would highly recommend 1040Abroad to expats or Americans living outside the US.
Terry Dinger, Canada
Being an Expat and living in Canada since 1966 I only became concerned about my obligations to file a US tax return when I read several news articles in early 2012 about the possible penalties for not filing. I didn’t have a clue what to do and of course was concerned. I searched the web and found Olivier’s site. I contacted him and told him my story. He told me what docs he needed to get me on track… I sent them to him and he took it from there. Ever since then I rely on Olivier every year to keep me in compliance. I receive updates on new rules and regs on a regular basis from Olivier. I feel very comfortable using his service and will continue to do so. Olivier provides excellent service and is very easy to work with. Keep up the good work Olivier.
Marilyn, Canada
Mr. Wagner has prepared for us some very complicated forms required by the IRS. He is prompt, efficient, extremely knowledgeable, and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring an experienced and professional tax preparer.

As reviewed in

As seen in

As seen in

How our U.S. expat tax advisors can help you

If you are an American living or working abroad, you will need an accountant who understands the nuances of the tax laws and how they affect you.

A conventional accountant may not know the complex rules that govern how U.S. expat is required to report income, corporations, bank accounts, deductions, or how to legally reduce your tax obligations as much as possible.

To make matters worse, even if you as a U.S. expat have gotten away without filing your taxes for some time, there’s no telling when you might finally find yourself facing the full scrutiny of the IRS, which could lead to  consequences that range from fines of thousands of dollars, jail time, and with recent new legislation, even the loss of your passport.

You don’t have to be intimidated by the U.S. tax rules for Americans abroad. We won’t just help you to file your U.S. expat tax return – our U. S. expat tax services are comprehensive and include everything from the tax saving analysis and U. S. tax preparation abroad to the compliance requirements and final filing. To that end we’ll hold your hand and teach you the vital information that you need to know to save money, reduce your workload, and stay out of legal trouble for as long as you remain an expatriate.

Enjoy Life With the Help of Our U.S. Expat Tax Services

Free tax guide for US expats, self-employed Americans and dual citizens living abroad

U.S. Expat Tax Service Form

Our customers

U.S. Expat Tax Services - Regular Expats

Regular expats

Living abroad provides new opportunities for you, both in your professional and personal development. And we discover the best options of your international situation to make effective use of available savings and deductions.

U.S. Expat Tax Services - Digital Nomads

Digital nomads

What can be better than working remotely and then traveling around the world? Keep enjoying your digital nomad lifestyle while we take care of your taxes.

U.S. Expat Tax Services - Accidental Americans

Accidental Americans

Did you recently find out that you were technically an American citizen and, therefore, subject to a lifetime of taxation that you never knew about? I’ve got your back as we have dealt with such cases before.

USA: (833) 397-2829 (toll free)

Canada: 320 Bay St. Suite 101
Toronto, ON M5H 4A6

United Kingdom: 7 Bell Yard
London WC2A 2JR

USA: 1632 1st Ave #29692
New York, NY 10028

U.S. Taxes For American Expats E-book

FREE U.S. Tax Guide for Americans Abroad

The only e-book about U.S. Expat Taxes you need to read! Covers

1. Foreign Tax Credit vs. Foreign Earned Income Exclusion

2. The Additional Child Tax Credit. Get a $1,400 refund!

3.  What happens if I don't file?

and more...

Thanks for requesting our free tax guide! It will be delivered to your inbox shortly.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.